DISASTER RELIEF FUND
To aid the victims of the Beirut Seaport Explosion
The ALO Cultural Foundation is raising $250,000 to provide disaster relief after the explosion in Beirut.
The latest catastrophe hit Beirut today as a building containing tons of confiscated fireworks exploded in the capital of Lebanon. Most of us woke to see the power video and we watched in horror as the massive explosion ripped through the city blocks near the seaport on August 4th.
Make a Donation
Watch videos from the explosion that happened in Beirut
The magnitude of the damages is nothing short of devastating. The death count is growing and thousands are injured. Tonight, the Paris of the Middle East lays wounded again, with the hospital system overwhelmed trying to help and thousands of displaced families, now living as refugees.
Every donation will help.
The people of Lebanon have been in distress through an arduous financial crisis along with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are calling all of our friends of the Middle East, our colleagues, and the Lebanese people living in the diaspora to donate.
Our team is already on the ground delivering food to those in need. We will extend our efforts to emergency response and ensure that 100% of the monies reach the ground.
We will update this page regularly to reflect the outcomes of this Disaster Relief Fund.
UPDATE: Disaster Relief Fund For Beirut Victims
With every donation raised, 100% of each dollar is committed to helping vulnerable families.
- 750,000 meals were provided to underserved communities including the area impacted by the recent catastrophic explosion.
- Delivered food supplies to impoverished elderly, physically challenged, and single-parent families—more than 2500 families were served so far.
- Provided support for emergency medication on the ground.
- Assisted in delivering medication to 112 children with cancer.
- 700 ALO Care card have been distributed to alleviate hunger. Syrian Refugees were among the beneficiaries receiving help as they await support from the United Nations.
- Provided physical therapy, operations, and hospitalization to nearly 350 patients.
The number of families seeking support is climbing as the situation deteriorates. There seems to be no limit to the emotional healing and care needed to meet the needs of children. This is an urgent time which requires urgent measures.
We give a big thank you to all our angel donors whose contributions alleviate the enormous financial burden placed on the Lebanese who are adversely impacted by the global pandemic and recent catastrophic events.
About ALO Foundation
Since 2008 ALO Cultural Foundation core vision is “Achieving Life’s Opportunities” with a mission to educate, empower and enlighten at-need communities globally.
The mission of the ALO Cultural Foundation is to build stronger, healthier communities through social investment focused on culture, empowerment through education, philanthropy, and the well-being of those most in need. The Foundation is a grassroots 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization with a sole focus to enrich the quality of lives of children and vulnerable communities.